Navigating or manoeuvring in strong winds or currents and in confined waters requires great skill and places severe demands on masters and pilots. Reliable and accurate information on ship movement is essential to maximise safety, reduce the risk of structural damage to ship and shore infrastructure and minimise the threat of accidental pollution.
Highly sensitive, and accurate to 0.01knots, SMIDS will detect and display vessel movement instantly – often before it is visibly apparent – ensuring vessel movement is precisely controlled and corrective action can be taken at the earliest opportunity. It is the perfect solution for large vessels, those where bridge visibility is restricted, lightering, dredging and for ships that frequently manoeuvre without tugs in adverse conditions.
- Accurate to 0.01 knot to ensure precise vessel control
- Reliable and accurate in any sea state
- Unaffected by water conditions such as turbulence, cavitation, depth, salinity.
- Easy to retrofit while at sea, no vessel downtime
- No through hull fittings, low installation cost
- Cost effective and reliable – no on-going maintenance costs
- Fully type approved to IEC 61023 and SOLAS V/19 2.9.2 for vessels over 50,000gt